Thursday

Tampopo Ramen

I headed to Somerset straightaway after school. Walked over to Cinelesure and bought nachos for my show The Blood Pledge.
I was glad that we did not miss the timing.

I seriously dislike horror movies sound effects but still, THAT is what makes the show really frightening if they did not have any good props. As much as I love wathcing horror movies, I am actually very afraid and will cover my eyes at scary intervals. HA.

The show was not as scary as anticipated. Did not really like the storyline and it is pretty low budget. Creepy encounters are created using stage makeup. The girl who holds the church key is pretty, though. There was one part when one of the girls told her boyfriend that she was pregnant, I was thinking, What a jerk! And the guy looked like he had a bad nose job too. Not to mention the girl who died because she wants to be with her best friend is so fucking stupid. Is she even worth it?
Overall I rate is 2.5/5

I am not even a fan of Korean actors, actresses, whatever Korean but Kimchi, Bean Sprouts and Ginseng Chicken Soup are great!

After watching the movie, we went in search for food! I did not have my lunch yet and was mad hungry. I wanted to go to Noodle House Ken again, but we still had around 40 minutes to spare before it opens.

So we decided to walk around ION Orchard, seeking Japanese Restaurants. All were not to my liking. I remmebered Tampopo! The one ramen joint I had always wanted to try but had to chance to.

The counter has a display of tiny crabs inside a gold-fish bowl. It was both intruiging and slightly disgusting.


I ordered the Black Pig Shabu Ramen, which was rated #1 in Singapore ramen food directory.



The noodles were the thin kind. I tried the soup first, which had a really light taste but the fact that the stock was boiled for 2days is evident in the strong, porky taste. The spicyness is also very mild so I kept adding chilli flakes and chilli oil to agree with my tastebuds. I personally did not fancy those thinly sliced pork meat with fats. Maybe because I am just not a fan of pork. The noodles were really springy and absorbed the soup stock. At the end, it was a filling bowl of ramen. I rated the food being Average, service being Good. I very much still prefer Noodle House Ken for its thick broth. Therefore, I think it is overated because there are nicer ramen in Singapore waiting to be tried and tested!



Drinking green tea in a japanese restaurant is a must.

P.S. Maybe I should have listened to X and watch Inception instead.
P.P.S. The fuck is that you 'did not' check your phone so my test and calls can go unnoticed?
P.P.P.S. Where are you whenever I needed you?

No comments: